1930 - 1939 timeline
Revision as of 01:31, 4 December 2009 by LalitNarayan
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health established in Calcutta with aid from the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1930 (Sarda Act) passed fixing minimum age for marriage at 14 for girls and 18 for boys.
- Government of India Act, 1935 gives greater autonomy to the provinces. All health activities in India grouped into three lists - federal, concurrent and provincial.
- Central Advisory Board of Health set up.
- The National Planning Committee of the Indian National Congress sets up a Sub-Committee on National Health to assess the health situation and health services in the country and make recommendations.