Alternative Approaches To Health Care
A Report of an ICMR Seminar held in Hyderabad in November 1976 and includes fourteen long case studies and a few short case studies on health projects in India, mostly in the voluntary, non-governmental sector.
The 14 long case studies include,
1. An Integrated Health nutrition macro pilot study for preschool children, The Poshak Project,Rural and tribal Madhya Pardesh.
2. The Integrated Mother child-health nutrition project, primary health care, The Kasa Model Thane Maharashtra.
3. Indo-Dutch Project for child welfare- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
4. Nutrition Rehabilitation Project- Government Eskarine Hospital, Madurai Tamil Nadu.
5. Village Health Workers-Harriet Benson Memorial Hospital, Lalitpur, Uttar Pardesh.
6. Trial for Village Health Workers in Remote Areas of Himachal Pradesh Lady Willingdon HospitalProject Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
7. Community Health Project of Padhar Hospital, Betul, Madhya Pradesh.
8. Comprehensive Rural Health Project, Jamkhed, Maharashtra.
9. Integrated Health Service Project, Miraj, Maharashtra.
10. Alternative to Health Care System, Mandwe,Maharashtra.
11. Community Health Care, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Karnataka.
12. Community Approaches to health care services through popularising co-operative rural dispensaries, Kerala.
13. Service Responsibility of a Department of Community Medicine through a health cooperative, Malur, Kerala.
14. Mini health center project of voluntary health services medical center, Madras, Tamil Nadu.
Also it includes a review of the issues raised by these projects and delineation of areas of further research. An important report since it is the first one in thirty years where the Indian Council of Medical Research accepts Health Care Delivery as an important area of research.