Revision as of 06:14, 24 August 2009 by LalitNarayan
communityhealth.in is a wiki mass collaboration project. That means it will become bigger and better only if you get involved.
Join the team
- In order to be a comprehensive resource on community health in India communityhealth.in depends on a community of voluntary editors who create, edit and organise information related to community health in India. If you feel you have information and the willingness to share it with others then you should be involved.
- If you feel confident about your wiki editing skills then you can start getting involved in content creation. Before you start you will need a user name and password which can be obtained by contacting Lalit Narayan with a short write up about yourself.
- During this initial period we will be concentrating on creating content centred around a few thematic areas that are listed on the Main page. However feel free to create articles in other relevant fields of interest as well. In addition articles can be created in categories such as Category: Glossary, and Category: People.
Learn to wiki
- Creating and editing information on wiki websites may seem a little daunting at first but the basics can be learned quite easily within a few hours. Thousands of ordinary people contribute regularly to sites such as wikipedia.org. Since this site uses the exact same technology becoming a part of the communityhealth.in team requires more or less the the same skills and knowledge.
- Before starting to edit content on this site you will have to familiarise yourself with the basics of using wiki websites. The Help Section at the Wikipedia website is a good place to start for the uninitiated.
- The MediaWiki Handbook on meta.wikimedia.org is another good resource to familiarise yourself on the basics of using MediaWiki, the program which runs this site.
Keep in touch
- Join our communityhealth.in-announce mailing list to keep up to date with the communityhealth.in project. This is an open, low traffic announcement list and we promise to send you not more than 3-4 emails a month.
- Join our communityhealth.in-discuss mailing list for unmoderated discussion on the project. This is an invitation only list for communityhealth.in editors and other project members.
- The communityhealth.in project core team has a blog at communicatinghealth.wordpress.com where you can keep track of the latest developments and challenges that this fledgling initiative faces. We also hope to use the space to further the discussion regarding the use of new digital media technologies within the Health For All movement and build community among Health For All communicators.