Portal: Community health projects of historical importance
Projects featured at the Symposium on Alternative Approaches To Health Care, 1976
- Project Poshak - An integrated health and nutrition programme for preschool children in rural and tribal Madhya Pradesh that ran between 1971 - 1975.
- Kasa Project - An integrated health and nutrition project for young children and mothers at the Kasa Primary Health Centre, Thana District, Maharashtra
- Indo-Dutch Project for Child Welfare - An experimental project started in 1969 that explored ways of increasing the effectiveness of child welfare services in the Chevella Block near Hyderabad.
- Nutrition Rehabilitation Centre, Government Erskine Hospital, Madurai - A project started in 1972 to reduce incidence of malnutrition and malnutritional eye diseases in three Panchayat block in Madurai and Ramnad districts of Tamil Nadu.
- Community Health Project, Harriet Benson Memorial Hospital, Lalitpur - A hospital run, community health programme in rural Uttar Pradesh that provided low cost, basic health care using Village Health Workers.
- Community Health Project, Padhar Hospital - A comprehensive health care programme in the field area of Padhar Hospital, Betul District, Madhya Pradesh.
- Community Health Programme, Lady Willingdon Hospital, Manali - A comprehensive health care programme in the field area of Lady Willingdon Hospital, Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
- Mandwa Project - A community based health programme by the Foundation for Research in Community Health in the Raigad district of Maharashtra between 1973 - 1983.
- Integrated Health Services Project, Miraj - A community health project run by the Wanless Hospital, Miraj Medical Centre, Maharashtra.
- Mallur Health Cooperative - by Department of Community Health, St. John's Medical College, Bangalore
- Mini Health Centres Project of Voluntary Health Services Medical Centre, Chennai