Portal: Films on health
Revision as of 12:05, 30 December 2009 by LalitNarayan
Films on India
- In the Name of Medicine - A documentary by K.P. Sasi that analyses the medical practices in India and the drug industry in particular.
- My Name Is Sister - The film captures the moment when in January 1987, nurses in the hospitals of Delhi went on mass strike to protest on certain basic issues affecting their lives.
- Something Like A War - A documentary that examines India’s National Family Planning Program from the perspective of women, who are its primary targets.
- Health Matters - Shiksha Jingan
- Sicko (2007) - A documentary by Micheal Moore that takes a hard look at HMOs and compares the highly profitable American health care industry to other nations.
- As The Call, So The Echo (2005) - A documentary about the transformative experience of an American ENT surgeon, Dr. Alex Moreano, during several weeks he spent as a volunteer physician in a Vietnamese hospital in 2003.
- The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (2005) - Mr. Lazarescu, a 63 year old lonely man feels sick and calls the ambulance. When it arrives the doctor decides he should take him to the hospital but once there they decide to send him to another hospital and then yet another...
- The Constant Gardner (2005) - A widower is determined to get to the bottom of a potentially explosive secret involving his wife's murder, Big Pharma and corporate corruption.
- The Insider (1999) - The true story of a research chemist who comes under personal and professional attack when he decides to appear in a "60 Minutes" expose on Big Tobacco.
- And The Band Played On (1991) - The story of the discovery of the AIDS epidemic and the political infighting of the scientific community hampering the early fight with it.
- One Flew Over The Cukkoo's Nest (1971) - Upon arrival at a mental institution, a brash rebel rallies the patients together to take on the oppressive Nurse Ratched.
- Bigger Than Life (1956) - A seriously ill schoolteacher becomes dependent on a "miracle" drug that begins to affect his sanity.
- Canary - Alejandro Adams